A 10.6 km long stretch in Mumbai linking the Western Suburb Jogeshwari to Eastern Suburb Vikhroli, Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road or JVLR is one of Mumbai’s most significant arterial roads.
Funded by the World Bank and UN, JVLR is divided into three sections, viz. Western, Central and Eastern, all three of which encapsulate major Mumbai segments. While the Western stretch starts near the Western Express Highway junction, the Central section begins at Saki Vihar Road junction, is aligned along the Powai Lake, and ends at Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg junction.
- JVLR was opened to traffic in 1994, during which it provided the only direct east-west link between the highways towards north of Mumbai. Post 1994, the widening and improvement of this arterial road was supervised under the Mumbai Urban Transport Project.
- Today, the impressive six-lane road efficiently connects the Western and Eastern Express Highways, and provides quick connectivity to Marol Naka and Chakala metro stations, both of which are a short drive away.
- The strategic stretch of JVLR ensures that you’re connected to South, Central, North and even Navi Mumbai. What’s more reaching the domestic & international terminals, an array of malls and commercial centres, and leading commercial businesses is a whole lot easier now.
- JVLR is replete with reputed educational institutions like the upcoming Oberoi International School, JVLR, Podar International School, among other established Schools.
- What’s more, prominent colleges like Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Tolani College of Commerce, and most importantly, Indian Institute of Bombay (Powai) are located only a few minutes away from JVLR.
- From shopping to entertainment, business to leisure, and attractions to activities, JVLR covers umpteen avenues for you to indulge in, thus, offering a well-rounded lifestyle.
- Areas like LBS Marg and Mulund that fall along JVLR comprise of numerous options for your pleasure. On the other hand, the proximity to Thane opens up a wider range of opportunities for you to unwind with your loved ones.
A long one-kilometre stretch of the beautiful Powai Lake is located along the northern edge of JVLR. Covered with hundreds of trees and lush foliage, the road also embraces the Aarey greens and Mithi River, thereby, giving you plenty of natural goodness across the stretch.
Residential and Commercial Development
- It is this magnificent connectivity that has led to further development of residential and commercial buildings along the western and middle sections of JVLR, especially in the previous decade.
- This, in turn, has increased demand for more residential and commercial properties on JVLR. The prices of luxury apartments on JVLR is only increasing with excellent ROIs recorded, which is why, the best time to invest in this area is now!